After presentations, attendees routinely ask me where they can learn more.
The following are my recommendations.
And, of course, follow me on Twitter to get useful, actionable tweets – not just links: @rkrieglstein
In the comments, let me know what books, sites, blogs etc. you recommend.
- The Fogg Method
- The Stanford Persuasive Technology / Behavior Design Lab directed by Dr. BJ Fogg
- The Fogg Behavior Model Dr. BJ Fogg
- The Fogg Behavior Grid Dr. BJ Fogg
- The Behavior Wizard (A project I was deeply involved in.)
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products by Nir Eyal
- Designing for Behavior Change: Applying Psychology and Behavioral Economics by Stephen Wendel
- Seductive Interaction Design: Creating Playful, Fun, and Effective User Experiences (Voices That Matter) by Stephen P. Anderson
- Wired for Story: The Writer’s Guide to Using Brain Science to Hook Readers from the Very First Sentence by Lisa Cron
- The Storytelling Animal: How Stories Make Us Human by Jonathan Gottschall
- Redirect: The Surprising New Science of Psychological Change by Wilson, Timothy D
- Actionable Gamification: Beyond Points, Badges, and Leaderboards by Yu-kai Chou
- Business Gamification for Dummies by Kris Duggan and Kate Shoup (Another project I contributed to.)
- Loyalty 3.0: How to Revolutionize Customer and Employee Engagement with Big Data and Gamification by Rajat Paharia
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- Making Habits, Breaking Habits by Jeremy Dean
- Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
- TinyHabits.com Dr BJ Fogg
- Willpower: The Owner’s Manual: 12 Tools for Doing the Right Thing by Frank Martela Ph.D.
- The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do To Get More of It by Kelly McGonigal