After presentations, attendees routinely ask me where they can learn more.
Below are specific recommendations.
I also recommend following us on social (or looking back over my posts) for actionable tweets – not just links to articles elsewhere:
In the comments, let me know what books, sites, blogs etc. you recommend.
- Dr. Stephen Wendel’s Work:
- The Fogg Method
- The Stanford Persuasive Technology / Behavior Design Lab directed by Dr. BJ Fogg
- The Fogg Behavior Model Dr. BJ Fogg
- The Fogg Behavior Grid Dr. BJ Fogg
- The Behavior Wizard (A project I was involved in.)
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products by Nir Eyal
- Wired for Story: The Writer’s Guide to Using Brain Science to Hook Readers from the Very First Sentence by Lisa Cron
- The Storytelling Animal: How Stories Make Us Human by Jonathan Gottschall
- Redirect: The Surprising New Science of Psychological Change by Wilson, Timothy D
- Tiny Habits, by Dr. BJ Fogg of the Stanford Behavior Design Lab
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- Making Habits, Breaking Habits by Jeremy Dean
- Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
- TinyHabits.com Dr BJ Fogg
- Willpower: The Owner’s Manual: 12 Tools for Doing the Right Thing by Frank Martela Ph.D.
- The Marshmallow Test: Mastering Self Control by Walter Mischel
You’ll find a lot of interesting material here as well: https://medium.com/simplicity-labs/simplicity-labs-recommended-resources-for-behavior-design-cf692dcdb769
What sites, blogs, books, videos, podcasts or other resources do you recommend?
*Photo Credit: Photo by Janko Ferlic from Pexels